The Recorder/Treasurer serves as the link between the City Council and the Citizens as well as the Mayor and city employees.
The office of the Recorder/Treasurer for the City of Hampton provides clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the City Council and the Mayor. In Addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in the guiding and managing the operation of local goverment policy and law.
The office of the Recorder/Treasurer performs many duties vital to the daily operations of City Hall. Listed below you will find a few of the duties performed by the office of the Recorder/Treasurer:
- Record and edit the minutes of meetings and distribute to appropriate officials or staff members.
- Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, or state and federal legislative offices.
- Perform general office duties, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
- Issue public notification of all official activities or meetings.
- Collaborate with other staff to assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, or priorities.
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Prepare meeting agendas or packets of related information.
- Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
- Serve as a notary of the public.
- Maintain and update documents, such as municipal codes or city charters.
- Issue various permits and licenses, such as marriage, fishing, hunting, or dog licenses, and collect appropriate fees.
- Grants building premits
- Manages requests to speak to the Council
- Prepare reports on civic needs.
- Provide assistance with events, such as police department auctions of abandoned automobiles.
- Keeps record of all the cities revenues and expenses
- Balances all the cities financial accounts
P O Box 783, Hampton, AR 71744